Display of artworks by Domobaal Gallery
London Art Fair 2019 – Art Projects
Display of artworks by Domobaal Gallery
We are now open for applications for the 16th edition of Art Projects at London Art Fair 2020.
Art Projects is a curated showcase of the freshest contemporary art from across the globe, it features large-scale installations, solo shows and thematic group displays; alongside an accompanying performance programme, and collaborative film and new media initiatives hosted in the Art Projects Screening Room. The section also includes ‘Dialogues’ – a guest curated initiative launched in 2014, whereby invited UK and international galleries feature collaborative presentations.
“London Art Fair offers an antidote to the over-indulgence with Art Projects, a curated section where younger and more experimental artists are to be found, many of whom have never before exhibited in London.”– Elephant
“With exciting compositions of our time, the fair roams fearlessly cross a world of ideas, evoking complex topics and pushing boundaries.” – Aesthetica
“Art Projects returns to London Art fair, offering a platform for emerging galleries to showcase the freshest contemporary art from across the globe” – Artsy
Dedicated to cultivating a community of emerging international galleries and artists, Art Projects has established itself as one of the most exciting sections of London Art Fair, continuing to garner widespread critical acclaim and a distinct audience. The Fair’s enriched VIP Programme allows younger galleries to raise their profiles, reach new audiences for their artists and build their collector base, through targeted Patrons’ receptions and tours at the Fair. Please click here for further information on exhibiting at Art Project in the 2020 Fair.
Click here to read our 2019 Art Projects Press Release.
Art Projects offers a stimulating platform for curation-focused and cutting edge contemporary art:
- Important critical and commercial platform for contemporary art galleries in London at the start of the year.
- A destination for those looking to discover emerging talent.
- Opportunity to showcase artists to our well-informed art buying audience (23,000 visitors in 2019).
- Networking and project opportunities with curators, public and private museums and gallery professionals.
- Becoming part of the week-long Fair Programme of Talks, Tours, and Performances.
Benefits from the Fair’s close relations with key public-facing galleries, institutions, and partners, including:
- Art Fund
- Art UK
- Government Art Collection
- Jerwood Gallery
- Middlesbrough Museum of Art
- Modern Art Oxford
- Parasol Unit Foundation for Contemporary Art
- Quintessentially Art
- Royal Academy of Art
- Sayer Collection
- Serpentine Galleries
- Sotheby’s Institute of Art
- The Art Newspaper
- The Photographers’ Gallery
- National Portrait Gallery
- Zabludowicz Collection
- Whitechapel Gallery
Art Projects is open to UK-based and international galleries. Stands in the section are subsidised by London Art Fair in an effort to support contemporary cutting edge practice. A single rate of £2,850 + VAT is applicable in the section once a gallery is accepted. Stand sizes range from 15m² to 22.5m².
Applications for Art Projects should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- A solo show of an artist presenting new and innovative work
- A curated group exhibition exploring a specific theme or aesthetic
- Installations or outsize work
Projects in all media are considered and applications will be presented to the Art Projects Committee for approval.
To submit an application for Art Projects follow the link below, complete the online application form and send the supporting information to us. An application fee is not required to submit an application for Art Projects.
After completing the online application, you will receive an email from us reminding you of all the supporting information that you need to send us. In order for your application to be considered by the Selection Committee, all the supporting information must be received by received by deadline outlined above. The Art Projects Selection Committee will review proposals in two stages during June and July. Applications will be accepted after this deadline only if space permits and we therefore encourage galleries to apply early to avoid disappointment.
After completing the online application form, you will receive an email from us reminding you of all the supporting information that you need to send us. In order for your application to be considered by the Art Projects Selection Committee, all the supporting information must be received by us. Proposals will be reviewed in two stages during July and August, with a final list of projects announced in the autumn.
Supporting Information required:
Galleries applying to London Art Fair a solo artist project application please email up to 6 images of your proposed artist’s work. For a group show application project please email up to 3 images for each of your proposed artists.
All images need to be labelled with accurate captions, you can either include the caption in the name of the image or send us a list. Please include the following information in the captions: Gallery name, artist, title, medium, date and dimensions. Please ensure that the images you forward comply with the following specifications.
- Format: .jpeg or .gif
- Resolution: 72 dpi
- File size should not exceed 2 MB
- All images should be sent as attachments not as part of the email body.
2. Gallery profile (Include: brief gallery description, locations, represented artists, exhibition history and art fair participation).
3. Installation plan for your proposed stand presentation (Refer to any of these stand types).
4. Artists CVs
5. Exhibition images from previous gallery installations or fair participation (3 Images minimum).
Please forward all the Supporting Images in one email to Ana Bruque at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact directly if you have any questions +44 (0) 207 150 5959.
For information on exhibiting in the Main Fair click here.